Union Payroll Specialist
The Union Payroll Specialist is a member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of all company payroll including union and non-union payrolls, participate in daily data entry payroll processing, provide accurate certified payroll reports to various public entities, and work close with the contracting and operations departments to ensure accurate payroll operations.
This position reports directly to the Controller.
Our company is seeking an experienced Union Payroll Specialist with 3+ years’ experience in the union construction industry. This position is a vital piece of our company and requires a strong attention to detail and extensive union payroll knowledge including scale wages, prevailing wage, Davis Bacon Act, union pension reporting, garnishments, and various other tax laws. Strong organizational skills, self-sufficient, and being able to maintain composure under stress are very important skills for this position. We offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package
- Full cycle payroll processing
- Process timely weekly payroll including the submission of the direct deposit to bank for distribution to employees, printing of live checks and distributing them. This includes some paper timecard entry
- Communicate any payroll challenges to supervisor immediately
- Keep current with union Master Labor Agreement, rates, and Washington and Federal basic labor laws
- Process union and non-union employee changes including, but not limited to rate increases, W-4 withholdings, direct deposits, garnishments, and 401k deductions
- Maintain accurate employee personnel records
- Review and input new hire information into ViewPoint and Bid2Win applications
- Process terminations
- E-verify all new employees and re-hires
- Complete Federal (EFTPS) tax deposits
- Assist with union audits
- Prepare monthly union fringe reports for payment to trust funds.
- Process weekly apprentice reports
- Compile quarterly and yearly payroll tax reports for Controller
- Research and resolve any trust fund payment discrepancies.
- Compile, complete, and send all Certified Payroll Reports to various municipalities
- Badging & Market Recovery
- Maintain apprentice and high scale lists and process unemployment requests
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Associates degree preferred; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience with 3+ union payroll experience required
- Union construction industry experience required
- Certified Payroll experience required
- Experience in employee benefits a plus
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality